Day two has almost as interesting start as our first day. We both got a great night sleep and woke fresh and ready to go - but we woke to no power! So what do you do with no power? Head to Starbucks of course!

Starbucks has a special drink here just like they do in the states. The current one is a dark chocolate frappachino which was amazing – we had one later in the day - not for breakfast! We had to try it though because it was the last day for it, the new special drink that starts tomorrow is a jelly latte with caramel sauce – I don’t think we will be getting that one in the US anytime soon (and I don’t think I feel the need to try it either!).
After our coffee Jake and I went for a run that was perfect – it was around an area with all kinds of shops and a little river running down the middle – great run in a pretty spot. Crick brought Jackson which was fun – he wanted to run too but that would have been a little crazy so we met up with them when we finished!
Then we all got ready and took off to see the city. Our first stop was to get our rail passes exchanged and our tickets for Kyoto/Hiroshima and Jake and I got to be amazed at Cricket as she handled all of the transactions in Japanese – I don’t know how she does it! Then we headed to Shibuya – the Times Square area of Japan with the intersection where five streets all meet at once and they stop traffic every few minutes to all five streets to let all the people cross, it is the busiest intersection in the world! So we decide to take a picture of Jake
and I in the throng of people. After the picture Jake takes a look to see how it comes out and the camera says battery depleted!
So our whole first day there is almost no pictures! Later in the day we stopped at home to drop some items off and headed back out so there will be a couple to share, but not like if we had had the camera all day! We just couldn't resist the sign at the "Snobbish Babies" clothing store...
Starbucks has a special drink here just like they do in the states. The current one is a dark chocolate frappachino which was amazing – we had one later in the day - not for breakfast! We had to try it though because it was the last day for it, the new special drink that starts tomorrow is a jelly latte with caramel sauce – I don’t think we will be getting that one in the US anytime soon (and I don’t think I feel the need to try it either!).
After our coffee Jake and I went for a run that was perfect – it was around an area with all kinds of shops and a little river running down the middle – great run in a pretty spot. Crick brought Jackson which was fun – he wanted to run too but that would have been a little crazy so we met up with them when we finished!
Then we all got ready and took off to see the city. Our first stop was to get our rail passes exchanged and our tickets for Kyoto/Hiroshima and Jake and I got to be amazed at Cricket as she handled all of the transactions in Japanese – I don’t know how she does it! Then we headed to Shibuya – the Times Square area of Japan with the intersection where five streets all meet at once and they stop traffic every few minutes to all five streets to let all the people cross, it is the busiest intersection in the world! So we decide to take a picture of Jake
So our whole first day there is almost no pictures! Later in the day we stopped at home to drop some items off and headed back out so there will be a couple to share, but not like if we had had the camera all day! We just couldn't resist the sign at the "Snobbish Babies" clothing store...
No comments:
Post a Comment